About Dr. Sahm
Dr. Katherine Sahm, a Delaware native, completed her general surgery residency at Christiana Care Health System where she served as Chief Resident from 2004 – 2005. She is board certified in General Surgery. She earned her Doctor of Medicine degree from Jefferson Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia Pennsylvania.
Preceding Medical School, Dr. Sahm worked in the Department of Biochemistry at Thomas Jefferson University and completed two years of biochemistry research on collagen diseases and defects.
A Bachelor of Science degree in Biology was completed at Lafayette College in Easton Pennsylvania.
She serves in the US Army Reserves as a Lieutenant Colonel and completed two tours in Iraq in 2008-2009, and 2011. She currently serves the Delaware community as an active member of the Board of Directors of Henrietta Johnson Medical Center and has done so since 2010.
Advanced Surgical Associates is Dr. Sahm’s private practice located in North Wilmington where she provides specialized services in: Robotic surgery, advanced laparoscopic procedures, endoscopy, breast, cancer, and wound care.
- General Surgery
- Cancer Care
- Wound Care
- Breast Surgery (Cancerous and Noncancerous)
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Archmere Academy
- Lafayette College, Easton PA – BS Biology, Minor in French
- Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia PA
- American Board of Surgery
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Christiana Care Health System, Newark Delaware
Awards and Honors
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- National Pathology Honor Society-Presentation on Genetics of Breast Cancer
- Basic Science Award: 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004
- Leslie Whitney Award for Cancer Research: 2004
If you’re looking for a highly qualified general surgeon and a medical practice that can take care of all your surgical health care needs, contact Advanced Surgical Associates today for an appointment with Dr. Sahm.
Speak to an Associate Today
Advanced Surgical Associates
1401 Foulk Road, Suite 207
Wilmington, DE 19803
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30am – 4:30pm